If you’re like most people, your bathroom medicine cabinet is probably in dire need of an update. Here are some easy tips to follow to get your medicine cabinet looking its best: First, take everything out of the cabinet and give it a good cleaning.
This will help you get rid of any dirt or grime that has accumulated over time. Next, evaluate what you actually need to keep in your medicine cabinet. Don’t keep anything that is expired or that you no longer use.
If something is only used occasionally, consider storing it elsewhere so that you have more space in your medicine cabinet for things that you use on a daily basis. Once you’ve decluttered your medicine cabinet, it’s time to start organizing. Create separate sections for items such as first aid supplies, medications, skincare products, etc.
This will help you find everything more easily and keep your medicine cabinet looking neat and tidy.
- Remove everything from the medicine cabinet and sort through what you need to keep and what you can throw away
- Wipe down the inside of the cabinet and shelves with a damp cloth to remove any dirt or grime
- Measure the inside of the cabinet and cut out new shelves from a piece of plywood if necessary
- Paint or stain the new shelves before installing them in the cabinet
- Put all of your items back into the medicine cabinet, taking care to arrange them in an organized way
How Do You Update an Old Medicine Cabinet?
It’s easy to forget about our medicine cabinets. They are often out of sight and out of mind, tucked away in a bathroom or hallway. However, it’s important to keep them updated and organized, as they can be crucial in an emergency situation.
Here are some tips on how to update an old medicine cabinet:
- Check the expiration dates on all of your medications and discard any that have expired. You can either throw them away or take them to a pharmacy for proper disposal.
- Organize your remaining medications by category (e.g., pain relievers, cold medicines, etc.) This will make it easier to find what you need in an emergency situation.
- Throw away any unused or outdated over-the-counter (OTC) medications. Just like with prescription drugs, OTC meds also have expiration dates.
- Wipe down the inside of your medicine cabinet with a disinfectant wipe to get rid of any bacteria that may have accumulated over time.
- Take inventory of your first aid supplies and restock anything that is low or has expired (e.g., bandages, antiseptic wipes).
How Do You Dress Up a Plain Medicine Cabinet?
If you’re looking to dress up a plain medicine cabinet, there are a few things you can do. First, consider painting the cabinet. This is an easy way to give it a new look.
You could also add some new hardware, such as knobs or pulls. If the cabinet is too plain for your taste, you could also add some decorative trim or molding. With a little bit of effort, you can easily transform a boring medicine cabinet into something more stylish and inviting.
How Do You Update a Wall Medicine Cabinet?
Assuming you would like tips on how to update an old or outdated wall medicine cabinet, here are a few ideas:
- First, remove the cabinet from the wall. This will allow you to access the back of the cabinet and make any necessary repairs or updates.
- If the cabinet is made of wood, sand down any rough edges and then repaint or stain the wood to give it a new look. You could also try painting or staining the inside of the cabinet for a pop of color.
- If the cabinet is made of metal, consider giving it a new coat of paint. You could also try polishing the metal for a shiny new look.
- Once you have updated the appearance of your medicine cabinet, reattach it to the wall using new hardware if necessary.
What Can I Replace My Medicine Cabinet With?
If you’re looking to ditch your medicine cabinet in favor of something more sustainable and eco-friendly, there are a few options available to you. Here are a few ideas for replacing your medicine cabinet:
1. Hang a wall-mounted organizer in your bathroom. This can be used to store all of your bathroom essentials, including toiletries, towels and linens.
2. Use baskets or bins to store all of your bathroom items. This is a great way to keep everything organized and in one place.
3. Keep all of your bathroom items stored in a dresser or chest of drawers. This is an ideal solution if you have limited space in your bathroom.
4. Use hooks on the back of your door to hang all of your bathroom essentials.
This is a great way to save space and keep everything within reach.
Replace Mirror on Medicine Cabinet
If your medicine cabinet mirror is looking a little worse for wear, it might be time to replace it. This is a relatively easy project that anyone can do in an afternoon. Here’s what you’ll need to do to replace your medicine cabinet mirror:
- Remove the old mirror. This will usually involve removing a few screws that hold it in place. Be careful not to damage the surrounding area as you remove the mirror.
- Clean up the area where the old mirror was attached. This will make it easier for the new mirror to adhere and will also create a neater appearance.
- Attach the new mirror using screws or adhesive strips designed for mirrors. Make sure that the new mirror is level before you tighten everything down too much.
- Hang any decorative items that you want to display on your new medicine cabinet mirror, such as sconces or shelves .
Your medicine cabinet is one of those places in your home that gets used every day, so it’s important to keep it looking its best.
Replace Medicine Cabinet Door Only
Are you sick of looking at that old, outdated medicine cabinet door? Well, good news! You can replace it without having to replace the entire cabinet!
Here’s how: First, remove the old door by unscrewing the hinges. Then, measure the opening and cut a new piece of plywood or MDF to size.
Next, attach the new door to the hinges using screws or nails. Finally, add any finishings (paint, trim, etc.) that you desire. And there you have it – a brand new medicine cabinet door for a fraction of the price!
If your bathroom medicine cabinet is looking a little outdated, you can easily give it a makeover with some paint and new hardware. Start by removing everything from the cabinet and giving it a good cleaning. Then, use sandpaper to rough up the surface so that the paint will adhere better.
Once the cabinet is prepped, choose a paint color that coordinates with the rest of your bathroom décor. When painting, be sure to use a primer and paint in thin coats, allowing each coat to dry completely before adding another. Once the paint is dry, add new hardware to complete the look.
You may want to consider installing glass shelves for a more modern look. Updating your bathroom medicine cabinet is a quick and easy way to give your space an updated look without spending a lot of money.