The bathroom is one of the most used rooms in the house and it’s also one of the easiest to redo. If your bathroom needs a makeover, start with the medicine cabinet. This guide will show you how to redo bathroom medicine cabinet and give your bathroom a fresh new look.
First, remove everything from the medicine cabinet and throw away any expired medications. Wipe down the shelves and inside of the cabinet with a damp cloth. If the cabinet is looking old and outdated, sand it down and repaint it with a fresh coat of paint.
Next, add some new hardware to update the look of the cabinet. You can find new hardware at your local hardware store or online. Then, measure the shelves and cut out new shelves if needed.
Be sure to use shelf liner to prevent items from slipping off of the shelves. Finally, add back in all of your medicines, toiletries, and other items. Arrange them in an orderly fashion so that everything is easy to find when you need it.
- Remove everything from the medicine cabinet and sort through it
- Keep the items you use regularly and get rid of anything that is expired or that you no longer need
- Wipe down the inside of the cabinet with a mild cleaner to remove any dirt or grime
- If you are planning on painting the cabinet, do so now
- Choose a color that coordinates well with the rest of your bathroom décor
- Allow the paint to dry completely before moving on to step 4
- Add new shelf liner to the shelves if desired
- This will help keep things tidy and in place within the cabinet
- Place all of your items back into the medicine cabinet, grouping them together as needed (e
DIY: How to do a bathroom remodel renovation on a budget. Part 6: repairing medicine cabinet hole
-How to Remove the Old Medicine Cabinet
If you’re like most people, your medicine cabinet is probably packed with old, expired medications. Clearing out these outdated drugs is important for both safety and space reasons. Here’s how to do it:
1. Check the expiration dates on all of your medications. If any have expired, pitch them in the trash. 2. If you have any medication that you no longer use or need, get rid of it as well.
This includes prescription drugs that were prescribed to you but that you no longer take. 3. Once you’ve cleared out the expired and unused medications, take a look at what’s left. Make sure all of your medications are properly labeled and stored away from light and moisture (which can degrade their effectiveness).
Also, check to see if there are any duplicates – do you really need two different types of allergy medication, for example? 4. Rearrange your remaining medications so that they’re easy to find and grab when needed. A simple system – like alphabetizing them by type – can help make things more efficient (and less confusing) when you’re in a hurry.
How to Update a Medicine Cabinet Without Replacing It
If your medicine cabinet is looking a little worse for wear, don’t despair! There are plenty of ways to give it a new lease on life without spending a fortune. Here are some tips on how to update a medicine cabinet without replacing it:
1. Give it a good clean. Over time, medicine cabinets can become grubby and stained. Giving it a good scrub with some warm soapy water will make a world of difference.
2. Paint or varnish the cabinet. If the wood is looking tired, consider painting or varnishing it. This will freshen up the look of the whole cabinet and help protect the wood from further damage.
3. Replace the hardware . Another quick and easy way to update your medicine cabinet is to replace the hardware . This includes things like handles, knobs and hinges .
You can find replacement hardware at most hardware stores or online retailers . Just be sure to get the right size and style for your particular cabinet . 4. Add some new shelving .
If your current shelves are looking crowded or cluttered , you might want to consider adding some new ones . This could mean simply adding another shelf or two , or completely re-configuring the shelving inside the cabinet . Either way, this will help you maximize space and keep things organized .
5. Update the mirror . The mirror is one of the first things people notice when they look at a medicine cabinet, so giving it an update can really change the overall look of the piece . You could replace the existing mirror with a new one , or add frame around it for extra pizzazz !
If you’re looking to redo your bathroom medicine cabinet, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind. First, decide what style you’re going for. Do you want something more modern or traditional?
Once you’ve decided on a style, it’s time to start shopping around for the perfect cabinet. You’ll want to measure the space where the cabinet will go and make sure to get one that fits well. Also, consider what type of storage you need and look for cabinets with plenty of shelves and compartments.
Finally, don’t forget about the finishing touches like hardware and lighting. With a little planning and effort, you can easily find the perfect medicine cabinet for your bathroom makeover.