Painting your bathroom cabinets black can give your space an elegant and sophisticated look. It’s a great way to update your decor without having to do a complete renovation. Plus, black is classic and will never go out of style.
- Decide if you want to paint the entire cabinet or just the door fronts
- If you choose to paint the whole cabinet, remove all doors and drawers and label them so you know where they go when it’s time to reassemble
- Clean the cabinets thoroughly with TSP or another degreaser designed for prepping surfaces for painting
- Be sure to wear gloves and eye protection when working with any cleaning products
- If you’re only painting the door fronts, tape off all areas that will not be painted black
- This includes the sides of the cabinet box, any trim molding, and hardware such as hinges and handles
- Use a brush or roller specifically designed for use with latex paint to apply a primer designed for use on laminate surfaces
- Follow the directions on the can for drying times between coats
- 5 Apply two coats of black latex paint in the same manner as the primer, allowing adequate drying time between coats according to product directions
- Black Vanity DIY – How to paint cabinets EASY !
- Best Black Paint for Bathroom Cabinets
- How to Paint Bathroom Cabinets That are Not Wood
- How to Paint Bathroom Cabinets Without Sanding
- How to Paint Bathroom Cabinets Like a Pro
- What Kind of Paint Do You Use on Bathroom Cabinets?
- What is the Best Paint Finish for Bathroom Cabinets?
- Do Bathroom Cabinets Need to Be Sanded before Painting?
- Do You Have to Prime Bathroom Cabinets before Painting?
Black Vanity DIY – How to paint cabinets EASY !
Best Black Paint for Bathroom Cabinets
When painting your bathroom cabinets, you want to use a paint that will be durable and easy to clean. Black is a great color for bathroom cabinets because it hides dirt and water spots well. Here are some of the best black paints for bathroom cabinets:
1. Benjamin Moore Advance in Semi-Gloss (https://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/advance-semi-gloss) 2. Sherwin Williams ProClassic in Semi-Gloss (https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/products/protective-concrete-coatings/proclassic%C2%AE-interior-acryliclatex/) 3. Valspar Cabinet Enamel in Semi Gloss (https://www.valsparpaint.com/en_us/valsparcabinetandtrimtm/_/#nav=left&start=4)
How to Paint Bathroom Cabinets That are Not Wood
Painting bathroom cabinets that are not wood can be a bit tricky. The first step is to sand the cabinets down with a fine-grit sandpaper. This will help to rough up the surface and create a good base for the paint to adhere to.
Next, clean the cabinets with a TSP solution or similar cleaner. Be sure to rinse them well afterwards and let them dry completely. Now it’s time to start painting!
Use a high-quality primer designed for use on non-wood surfaces. Apply it evenly with a brush or roller, making sure to get into all the nooks and crannies. Let the primer dry completely before moving on to the paint color of your choice.
Again, use an even coat and let dry between coats if necessary. With proper preparation and painting technique, you can achieve great results when painting bathroom cabinets that are not wood!
How to Paint Bathroom Cabinets Without Sanding
If you’re looking to give your bathroom cabinets a new look without having to go through the hassle of sanding them down first, there are a few things you can do! Here are a few tips on how to paint bathroom cabinets without sanding:
1. Start with a clean surface.
Make sure your cabinets are free of any dirt, grease, or grime before beginning. This will help the paint adhere better and create a more even finish. 2. Use a primer.
Applying a primer before painting is always helpful, but it’s especially important when you’re not sanding beforehand. This will help the paint stick better and provide an extra layer of protection against wear and tear. 3. Choose the right type of paint.
When painting cabinets that won’t be sanded first, it’s important to use a high-quality paint that is designed for adhering to surfaces without sanding. Ask your local hardware store for recommendations on what type of paint to use. 4 .
Paint in thin coats . Again, since you won’t be sanding the cabinets beforehand , it’s important to apply the paint in thin coats . This will help prevent runs or drips and ensure an even finish .
Allow each coat of paint to dry completely before applying the next one . 5 Don ‘ t forget about the hinges ! When painting Cabinet doors , make sure you remove the hinges first so that you can get into all those nooks and crannies .
Once the door is painted , reattach the hinges and enjoy your newly refreshed bathroom !
How to Paint Bathroom Cabinets Like a Pro
Whether you’re looking to give your bathroom a fresh new look, or you’re simply in need of some storage space, painting your bathroom cabinets is a great way to achieve both. But if you’ve never done it before, the process can seem daunting. Luckily, we’re here to help.
With our step-by-step guide, you’ll have your bathroom cabinets looking like they were painted by a pro in no time. Before You Begin: 1. Remove everything from the cabinet and clear out any drawers.
This will make painting much easier and will help ensure that you don’t miss any spots. 2. If possible, remove the cabinet doors and hardware. This will make painting much simpler and will also help prevent paint from getting on anything other than the cabinets themselves.
3. Clean the cabinets thoroughly with a degreaser or all-purpose cleaner; this will help the paint adhere better and provide a more even finish. 4 . Use painters’ tape to protect any areas that you don’t want painted, such as countertops, backsplashes, floors, etc .
Be sure to apply the tape carefully so that there are no gaps or spaces where paint could potentially get through . 5 . Choose the right type of paint for your project .
For bathrooms , we recommend using an oil – based primer followed by a semi-gloss or high – gloss latex paint . The oil – based primer will provide good coverage , while the latex paint will resist moisture and stains . Now You’re Ready to Paint:
1 . Start by applying a thin layer of primer to all surfaces that you’ll be painting , using a brush or roller specifically designed for use with oil – based products . Be sure to work in small sections so that the primer doesn’t start drying before you’ve had a chance to spread it evenly . Allow the primer to dry completely before moving on to step 2 .
What Kind of Paint Do You Use on Bathroom Cabinets?
There are a few different types of paint that can be used on bathroom cabinets. The best type of paint to use is a semi-gloss or high-gloss paint. This type of paint will resist moisture and humidity better than other types of paint, making it ideal for use in a bathroom.
Semi-gloss and high-gloss paints also tend to be easier to clean, which is another advantage for using them in a bathroom.
What is the Best Paint Finish for Bathroom Cabinets?
There are a few different types of paint finishes that can be used on bathroom cabinets, but the best one to use depends on the type of cabinets you have and the look you are going for. If you have older cabinets that are starting to show their age, a semi-gloss or high-gloss paint finish will help to cover up imperfections and give them a fresh new look. If you have newer cabinets, a satin or eggshell finish will be best as it won’t show any imperfections as much as a glossier finish would.
Do Bathroom Cabinets Need to Be Sanded before Painting?
It is not necessary to sand bathroom cabinets before painting them. However, if the cabinets are very old or have a lot of wear and tear, sanding them first will help create a smooth surface for the paint to adhere to. If you do decide to sand your cabinets, be sure to use a fine-grit sandpaper so you don’t damage the wood.
Do You Have to Prime Bathroom Cabinets before Painting?
No, you don’t have to prime bathroom cabinets before painting. However, if the cabinets are in bad shape or if you’re using a dark paint color, priming beforehand can help ensure an even finish.
Are you thinking of painting your bathroom cabinets black? It’s a great way to give your bathroom a fresh, new look. Here are some tips on how to paint your cabinets black:
1. Start by sanding down your cabinets. This will help the paint adhere better and give you a smooth finish. 2. Next, apply a primer to the cabinets.
This will help the paint color show up more evenly. 3. Once the primer is dry, start painting the cabinets with a brush or roller. Use long strokes and be sure to get into all the nooks and crannies.
4 Let the paint dry completely before adding any hardware back onto the cabinets.