There’s nothing quite like the feeling of a brand-new bathroom. But if your budget doesn’t allow for a complete renovation, there are still ways to give your space an update. One way to do this is by adding shelves to old bathroom cabinets.
This can be a quick and easy project that will make a big impact in the look of your room. Plus, it’s a great way to add extra storage space for all those items that never seem to have a home.
- Remove all the doors and hardware from the cabinets
- Use a screwdriver to remove the hinges and pulls
- If there is any paint or varnish on the doors, sand it off so that the new paint will adhere properly
- Clean the cabinets thoroughly with a degreaser and a sponge
- Wipe down all surfaces, inside and out, to remove any dirt or grime build-up
- Rinse with clean water and let dry completely
- Paint or stain the shelves to match the rest of the bathroom cabinets
- If you are painting, use a primer first and then two coats of paint
- Let each coat dry completely before adding another
- Add Shelves to Bathroom Cabinet
- How to Update Laminate Bathroom Vanity
- How to Redo Bathroom Vanity Top
- How to Update Bathroom Cabinets Without Replacing Them
- How Do You Make Old Bathroom Cabinets Look New?
- How Can I Make My Vanity Look Better?
- What Can I Do With My Old Bathroom Vanity?
- Can You Reface Bathroom Cabinets?
Add Shelves to Bathroom Cabinet
Adding Shelves to Your Bathroom Cabinet Do you have a bathroom cabinet that could use some more storage space? If so, consider adding shelves!
Adding shelves to your bathroom cabinet is a great way to increase storage without taking up too much space. Plus, it’s a relatively easy project that you can do yourself. Here are the supplies you’ll need:
-Level -Drill and drill bits (a power drill is helpful, but not necessary)
-Plywood (we used 1/4″ thick plywood, but thicker or thinner would work as well) Saw (if you’re cutting the plywood yourself)
-High strength adhesive (we used Liquid Nails) Caulk Gun (optional, but makes life easier) Hammer And here are the steps:
1. Measure the inside of your cabinet and cut the plywood to size. If you’re not comfortable using a saw, you can have the plywood cut at your local hardware store. Just be sure to measure twice and make precise cuts – this will make Step 2 much easier!
2. Drill pilot holes into the plywood. This step is important because it will prevent the wood from splitting when you screw it in place. We found that drilling two pilot holes per side was sufficient.
3. Apply adhesive to the back of the plywood and press it into place inside your cabinet. Make sure that it’s level before moving on!
4 . Screw the plywood in place using screws that are long enough to go through both the plywood and into something solid inside your cabinet (like a shelf bracket). We found 1″ screws to be just right for our project. Be careful not over-tighten them or strip out the pilot holes – just snug them up nice and tight so that they hold securely without damage 5 That’s it!
How to Update Laminate Bathroom Vanity
If you’re looking to update your laminate bathroom vanity, there are a few things you can do to give it a fresh, new look. First, consider painting the vanity top and/or sides. You can also replace the hardware on the doors and drawers for an updated look.
Finally, add some new accessories to personalize the space. Follow these steps and you’ll have a brand new laminate bathroom vanity in no time!
How to Redo Bathroom Vanity Top
If your bathroom vanity is looking a little worse for wear, you may be considering replacing the top. This can be a big job, but it doesn’t have to be difficult or expensive. With a little time and effort, you can easily redo your bathroom vanity top and give it a fresh new look.
Here are the steps you’ll need to follow:
1. Remove the old vanity top. This will usually involve unscrewing it from the base cabinets.
If your countertop is glued down, you may need to use a putty knife or other tool to loosen it before being able to remove it.
2. Clean up the area where the vanity top was attached. This will help ensure that your new vanity top adheres properly.
3. Measure the area so that you know what size replacement vanity top you need to purchase. Be sure to measure both the width and length of the space.
4. Choose your new vanity top material.
There are many different options available, including granite, marble, laminate, and more. You’ll also need to decide on a color or pattern that matches your decorating style.
How to Update Bathroom Cabinets Without Replacing Them
It’s no secret that bathrooms can be one of the most expensive rooms in your home to renovate. And if you’re planning a complete overhaul, new cabinets are likely at the top of your list. But what if you love your existing cabinets and don’t want to replace them?
Is there any way to update them without starting from scratch? Here are a few ideas for how to update bathroom cabinets without replacing them: 1. Paint them!
A fresh coat of paint is an easy and inexpensive way to transform any space, including your bathroom cabinets. If you’re not sure what color to go with, consider a classic white or cream. These neutral shades will brighten up the room and make it feel more spacious.
You could also try a bolder color if you’re feeling adventurous! 2. Replace the hardware. This is another quick and easy Update that can make a big impact.
Simply swapping out your old cabinet knobs and pulls for new ones can give your whole bathroom a fresh look. And there are so many different styles to choose from these days, so you’re sure to find something that fits your taste perfectly. 3. Add some decorative touches.
If you really want to go all out, why not add some decorative elements to your cabinets? You could try adding trim around the edges or even glass doors if they don’t already have them.
How Do You Make Old Bathroom Cabinets Look New?
When it comes to making old bathroom cabinets look new, there are a few different things you can do. First, you can sand down the cabinets and then repaint or refinish them. This will give the cabinets a fresh, new look.
Another option is to replace the cabinet doors with new ones. This is a more drastic measure, but it can really transform the look of your bathroom cabinets. Finally, you can simply clean the cabinets and add new hardware.
This is an easy way to update the look of your bathroom without spending too much money or time.
How Can I Make My Vanity Look Better?
If you’re looking to upgrade your vanity, there are a few simple ways to do it. First, consider replacing the hardware. New drawer pulls and knobs can make a big difference in the overall look of your vanity.
If you want to go a step further, you can replace the entire vanity with a new one that fits your style. Another way to upgrade your vanity is by adding some storage solutions. If your vanity is cluttered and crammed, it will definitely not look its best.
Adding some extra shelves or drawers can help to organize everything and give your vanity a neater appearance. Finally, don’t forget about the lighting! Changing out old light fixtures for new ones can really brighten up your space.
You could also add some additional lighting, such as sconces on either side of the mirror. With these simple tips, you can take your vanity from drab to fab in no time!
What Can I Do With My Old Bathroom Vanity?
When you’re ready for a new bathroom vanity, you may be wondering what to do with your old one. Here are a few ideas for recycling or repurposing your old bathroom vanity:
1. Give it a makeover. If your old bathroom vanity is still in good condition, you can give it a fresh new look with some paint or new hardware. This is a great way to get a whole new look without spending a lot of money.
2. Use it in another room. If you have an extra bedroom or office space, your old bathroom vanity could work perfectly as a desk or dressing table. Just add some storage bins underneath for extra hidden storage.
3. Turn it into outdoor furniture. With some sanding and sealant, your old bathroom vanity can be transformed into beautiful outdoor furniture. This is perfect for creating additional seating on your patio or deck. 4. Donate it to charity.
Can You Reface Bathroom Cabinets?
If your bathroom cabinets are in good shape but you’re tired of the look, you may be considering refacing them. This is a great way to give your bathroom an updated look without having to replace the entire cabinet. Here’s what you need to know about refacing bathroom cabinets.
What is Cabinet Refacing? Cabinet refacing is the process of replacing the door and drawer fronts while keeping the existing cabinet box intact. This can give your bathroom cabinets a whole new look without having to replace the entire unit.
Cabinet refacing is also much less expensive than replacing the entire cabinet, making it a great option if you’re on a budget. How to Reface Bathroom Cabinets Refacing bathroom cabinets is a relatively easy process that you can do yourself if you’re handy with tools.
If you’re not comfortable doing it yourself, there are companies that specialize in cabinet refacing and can do it for you. Either way, here’s what you need to do to reface your bathroom cabinets:
1. Remove the doors and drawer fronts from your existing cabinets. Be careful not to damage the existing cabinet boxes as you remove these pieces.
2. Measure your doors and drawer fronts so that you know what size replacements to buy. You may be able to find doors and drawer fronts that are exactly the same size as your existing ones, or you may have to have them custom made.
3. Choose either new doors or veneer sheets that will be used to cover your existing doors and drawer fronts . Veneer sheets come in many different wood grain patterns and colors , so this gives you lots of options for updating the look of your cabinets . If using veneer sheets , cut them to size using a utility knife .
4. Attach new hinges (if using new doors) or adhesive (if using veneer sheets)to attach door s/veneer sheet s t o y our existing cabinet frames . Make sure everything is level as yo u work .
5. re-install door s /drawers onto cabinet boxes Once everything is dry , & screw in place n ew hinges (if necessary).
If you’re looking for a way to spruce up your old bathroom cabinets, why not try adding some new shelves? It’s an easy and inexpensive way to give them a fresh look. Plus, it’ll give you some extra storage space for all those bathroom essentials.
Here’s how to do it: First, remove the doors from your cabinets and set them aside. Then, measure the inside of the cabinet to determine how many shelves you’ll need and what size they should be.
Once you have your measurements, head to your local home improvement store or shop online for pre-made shelves that fit your space. When choosing shelves, opt for something that’s easy to clean and durable – like glass or stainless steel. You can also find shelving units that come with drawers or baskets, which is great for storing small items like toiletries or towels.
Once you have your new shelves, simply install them inside the cabinet using screws or brackets (following the manufacturer’s instructions). If necessary, use a drill to make pilot holes before screwing in the brackets. Then reattach the doors and voila!
You’ve given your old bathroom cabinets a brand new look.