If your bathroom is in dire need of an update but you don’t have the time or money for a complete renovation, consider adding new hardware to your cabinets. This simple project can be completed in a few hours and makes a big impact on the overall look of your space. Plus, it’s an easy way to change up the style of your room without breaking the bank.
When choosing new hardware, it’s important to keep both function and aesthetics in mind. For example, if you have young children at home, opt for cabinet pulls that are easy for little hands to grip. If your space is on the smaller side, go for sleek and minimalist hardware that won’t take up too much visual space.
- Choose the hardware you want to add to your bathroom cabinets
- There are many different types and styles of hardware available, so pick something that you like and that will complement the style of your cabinets
- Measure the cabinet doors to determine where the holes need to be drilled for the new hardware
- Mark these spot with a pencil so you know where to drill
- Drill pilot holes in the marked spots on the cabinet doors
- Be sure to use a drill bit that is slightly smaller than the screws that will be used to attach the new hardware
- This will help prevent the wood from splitting when you screw in the new hardware
- Attach the new hardware to the cabinet doors using screws (and possibly washers and/or nuts, depending on what type of hardware you chose)
- Tighten all screws securely, but be careful not to over-tighten as this can strip out the wood or damage the finish on your cabinets
- How To Install Cabinet Handles – Amazing $20 Bathroom Upgrade
- Hire Someone to Install Cabinet Hardware
- Install Cabinet Knobs Without Drilling
- How to Install Cabinet Handles With a Template
- How to Add Hardware to Drawers
- Where Do You Put Hardware on Bathroom Cabinets?
- How Do I Add New Hardware to My Cabinets?
- Should You Put Knobs on Bathroom Cabinets?
- How Do You Install Knobs Without Drilling Cabinets?
How To Install Cabinet Handles – Amazing $20 Bathroom Upgrade
Hire Someone to Install Cabinet Hardware
Hiring someone to install your cabinet hardware can be a great way to save time and ensure that the job is done correctly. There are a few things to keep in mind when hiring a professional to install your cabinet hardware, such as:
1. Make sure you hire a reputable and experienced contractor.
Ask for referrals from friends or family, or check online reviews. 2. Get a written estimate of the cost of labor and materials before work begins. 3. Be present during the installation process to answer any questions and make sure everything is installed according to your specifications.
4. Inspect the finished work carefully and make sure you are satisfied with it before making final payment.
Install Cabinet Knobs Without Drilling
Installing cabinet knobs without drilling is a great way to avoid making holes in your cabinets. There are several methods you can use to install them without drilling, including using adhesive strips or mounting plates. Adhesive strips are the easiest method and require no tools.
Simply peel and stick the strips to the back of the knob and press it into place. Mounting plates are more versatile, but require a few more tools. First, attach the plate to the back of the knob using screws or nails.
Then, use screws or nails to attach the plate to the cabinet door.
How to Install Cabinet Handles With a Template
Cabinet handles are one of the most important details on your kitchen cabinets. They can be both functional and stylish, and they can really make or break the look of your kitchen. If you’re looking to update your cabinet hardware, here’s a quick and easy guide on how to install cabinet handles with a template.
First, gather your supplies. You’ll need a handle template (which you can purchase at any hardware store), a drill, screws, and your new cabinet handles. Once you have everything gathered, it’s time to start installing!
Start by holding the template up to the outside of the door where the handle will be installed. Use a pencil to mark the center of each hole on the template onto the door. Then remove the template and drill pilot holes at each marked spot.
Be sure not to drill all the way through the door! Next, it’s time to attach the handles. Line up each handle with its respective pilot hole and screw it in place using screws that are long enough to go through both thicknesses of wood (the door and handle).
Repeat this step for all remaining handles until they are all installed. That’s it! You’ve now successfully installed your cabinet handles using a template – nice work!
How to Add Hardware to Drawers
Adding hardware to drawers is a great way to update the look of your cabinets and furniture. It’s also relatively easy to do, so it’s a project that anyone can tackle. Here are the steps you’ll need to follow to add hardware to your drawers:
1. Remove the existing drawer pulls or knobs. To do this, simply unscrew them from the drawer fronts. If they’re stubborn, you may need to use a flathead screwdriver or another tool to pry them off.
2. Clean the surface of the drawer front where the new hardware will be mounted. Use a mild cleaner and a soft cloth to remove any dirt, dust or grime build-up. This will ensure that your new hardware adheres properly and looks its best.
3. Place template over desired location on drawer front and mark holes with pencil (Image 1). Some templates come with adhesive backing; if not, use low-tack painter’s tape to keep template in place while marking holes with pencil . .
If installing multiple pulls/knobs on long drawer fronts, make sure they’re evenly spaced before marking hole locations . . For one pull or knob per drawer front, center template horizontally on drawer front; for two pulls/knobs per drawer front, spacetemplate evenly between top and bottom edges of drawer front .
. For 3″ (76mm) pulls/knobs , spacetemplate 1-3/4″ (44mm) from each side edge ofdrawerfront; for 4″ (102mm) pulls/knobs , space template 2-1/2″ (64mm) from each side edge ofdrawerfront.(Image 2)IMAGE1IMAGE2
4a. For knobs only – Using a drill fitted with an appropriately sized bit for dowel screws included with knob , drill pilot holes through marked locations on top side ofdrawerfront.(Image 3)IMAGE3 OR
Where Do You Put Hardware on Bathroom Cabinets?
There are a few things to consider when placing hardware on bathroom cabinets. The most important thing is the height of the cabinet. You’ll want to make sure that the hardware is placed at a comfortable height for you to reach.
Another thing to consider is the finish of the hardware. You’ll want to choose a finish that compliments the rest of the fixtures in your bathroom.
How Do I Add New Hardware to My Cabinets?
If you’re wanting to add new hardware to your cabinets, there are a few things you’ll need to do first. You’ll need to measure the space between the holes on your cabinet doors, as this will be important when choosing the size of your new hardware. You’ll also need to decide what kind of finish you want for your new hardware – whether it’s a brushed nickel or oil-rubbed bronze look.
Once you have these measurements and decisions made, head to your local home improvement store or search online for cabinet hardware that will fit your needs. When installing your new hardware, start by attaching the screws (included with your purchase) into the pre-drilled holes on your cabinet doors. Be sure to use the appropriate size screwdriver – if the screws are too big or small, they won’t properly attach and could cause damage.
Once all of the screws are in place, carefully align each piece of hardware so that it’s level and flush with the door surface. For a final touch, use a mild cleaner or furniture polish on the surrounding area to remove any fingerprints or smudges.
Should You Put Knobs on Bathroom Cabinets?
There are a few factors to consider when deciding whether or not to put knobs on your bathroom cabinets. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
1. The size of your cabinet doors.
If your cabinet doors are small, then knobs may not be necessary. However, if your cabinet doors are larger, then knobs can help make them easier to open and close. 2. The style of your bathroom.
If you have a more traditional style bathroom, then adding knobs to your cabinets can help give them a more classic look. However, if you have a modern style bathroom, then avoiding knobs altogether may be the best option. 3. Your personal preference.
Ultimately, the decision of whether or not to put knobs on your bathroom cabinets comes down to personal preference. If you like the way Cabinet Doors with Knobs look – go for it!
How Do You Install Knobs Without Drilling Cabinets?
There are a few ways to install cabinet knobs without drilling:
1. Use adhesive-backed knob mounts. These come with a sticky back that adheres to the cabinet door or drawer front.
Then, just screw the knob into the mount. 2. Use double-sided tape. This is a similar method to using adhesive-backed mounts, but you’ll need to find a strong enough tape that can hold the weight of the knob (and possibly your hand when opening the door).
Again, simply adhere the tape to the cabinet surface and then screw in the knob. 3. Use Velcro strips. Like the other methods, attach one side of the Velcro strip to the cabinet door or drawer front and then screw in the knob through the other side of the Velcro strip.
4. Use magnets. You can buy small magnets that are strong enough to hold up a cabinet knob (and your hand) and then just stick them onto either side of the door or drawer front – no screws necessary!
Adding hardware to your bathroom cabinets can really elevate the look of the space and make it feel more polished. Here are a few tips on how to choose and install cabinet hardware:
1. Choose hardware that fits with the style of your bathroom.
If you have a more modern space, opt for sleek, minimal hardware. If your bathroom has more of a traditional vibe, then choose classic-looking knobs or pulls. 2. Consider the finish of your hardware.
You want it to complement the other finishes in your bathroom, like your faucet, towel rack, etc. 3. Once you’ve selected your hardware, take precise measurements so you know where to place it on your cabinets. 4. To install, simply screw the hardware into place using the appropriate size screws (make sure they’re not too long or they’ll stick out).