There are a lot of ways to redo your bathroom cabinets for cheap. You can paint them, stain them, or even add new hardware. All of these options will give your bathroom cabinets a new look without breaking the bank.
There are a few things you can do to redo your bathroom cabinets for cheap. One option is to simply repaint them. You can also refinish them yourself with a kit, which will likely cost less than $100.
If you want to replace your cabinets entirely, you can find some good deals on used cabinets or even new cabinets at places like IKEA. Whatever route you choose, be sure to do your research and compare prices before making any decisions.
- DIY Bathroom Cabinet Makeover
- How Do You Update an Old Bathroom Cabinet?
- How Can I Update My Bathroom Cheaply?
- How Much Does It Cost to Redo Bathroom Cabinets?
- Can Bathroom Cabinets Be Refaced?
- How to Update Bathroom Cabinets Without Replacing Them
- How to Redo Bathroom Vanity Top
- How to Extend Bathroom Vanity Top
DIY Bathroom Cabinet Makeover
How Do You Update an Old Bathroom Cabinet?
It’s no secret that bathroom cabinets can take a beating. They’re constantly exposed to moisture and humidity, which can lead to warping, cracking and peeling over time. If your bathroom cabinet is starting to show its age, you may be wondering how to update it without spending a fortune.
Here are a few tips for giving your old bathroom cabinet a new lease on life: 1. Start by sanding down the surface of the cabinet. This will help to create a smooth base for the new paint or stain.
Be sure to use fine-grit sandpaper so you don’t damage the wood. 2. Once the cabinet is sanded, you can begin applying the new finish. If you’re painting the cabinet, be sure to use a high-quality paint designed for bathrooms (such as semi-gloss or satin).
For stained cabinets, choose a water-based stain that won’t raise the grain of the wood. 3. Apply several thin coats of finish, allowing each one to dry completely before adding another. This will ensure even coverage and prevent any drips or runs in the finish.
4. Once the final coat is dry, you can replace any hardware that was removed during prep work (such as knobs or pulls). Then sit back and enjoy your newly updated bathroom cabinet!
How Can I Update My Bathroom Cheaply?
There are a few ways that you can update your bathroom without spending a lot of money. One way is to simply change out the hardware on your cabinets and drawers. This can include things like knobs, pulls, and handles.
Another way to update your bathroom cheaply is to paint the walls or cabinets. If you want to make a bigger impact, you could also wallpaper one wall or add some decorative tile accents. These are just a few ideas to get you started; be creative and see what you can come up with on a budget!
How Much Does It Cost to Redo Bathroom Cabinets?
The cost to redo your bathroom cabinets will depend on the size of your bathroom, the type of cabinets you want, and the number of cabinets you need. If you are looking for a complete remodel, you can expect to pay anywhere from $3,000 to $5,000. This price range includes new flooring, countertops, fixtures, and paint or stain.
For a more budget-friendly option, you can try painting or staining your existing cabinets. This will give your bathroom an updated look without breaking the bank.
Can Bathroom Cabinets Be Refaced?
Bathroom cabinets can be refaced, but it is not a do-it-yourself project. It is best to hire a professional cabinet refacing company to do the job. The cost of refacing bathroom cabinets will vary depending on the size of your bathroom and the type of cabinets you have.
Expect to pay between $1,500 and $3,000 to have your bathroom cabinets professionally refaced.
How to Update Bathroom Cabinets Without Replacing Them
If your bathroom cabinets are looking a little worse for wear, you may be considering replacing them. However, this can be a costly and time-consuming project. If you want to give your cabinets a facelift without replacing them, there are a few things you can do.
One option is to simply repaint the cabinets. This will give them a fresh new look and can be done relatively cheaply and easily. If you want something more than just a new coat of paint, you could consider refacing the cabinets.
This involves replacing the cabinet doors and hardware and can give your bathroom an entirely new look. Another option is to add new features to the cabinets, such as glass inserts or decorative molding. These updates can really transform the look of your bathroom without breaking the bank.
Finally, if your bathroom layout allows for it, you could replace some of the cabinetry with open shelving. This gives the illusion of more space and helps to show off pretty towels or toiletries. Whatever route you decide to go, updating your bathroom cabinets doesn’t have to be a huge undertaking.
How to Redo Bathroom Vanity Top
If your bathroom vanity is looking a little worse for wear, you may be considering replacing the top. This can be a big project, but it doesn’t have to be! With a little time and effort, you can give your old vanity top a brand new look.
Here’s what you’ll need: -Sandpaper (coarse and fine grits) -Paint stripper
-Rags or old towels -Putty knife -Stainless steel wool
-Primer -Paint (semi-gloss or high gloss finish) Optional: new hardware (knobs, pulls, etc.)
1. Start by sanding down the entire surface of the vanity top with coarse grit sandpaper. This will help to rough up the surface and provide a good key for the paint stripper. Be sure to sand in the direction of the grain to avoid creating scratches.
2. Once the entire surface is sanded, apply paint stripper according to the manufacturer’s instructions. You may need to let it sit for several minutes before scraping it off with a putty knife. Work in small sections until all of the old finish is removed.
3. Wipe down the surface with rags or old towels to remove any residual stripper or paint. At this point, you should have a bare wood surface that’s ready to be refinished. 4. If desired, install new hardware such as knobs or pulls at this time. Just make sure that they’re properly aligned before moving on to step 5.
How to Extend Bathroom Vanity Top
Are you tired of looking at that same old bathroom vanity top? If so, then it might be time to consider extending it. This is a relatively easy do-it-yourself project that can add both function and beauty to your bathroom.
Here are the basic steps involved in extending a bathroom vanity top: 1. Remove the existing vanity top and set it aside. You will need this as a template for cutting the new extension piece.
2. Cut the new extension piece using the old one as a guide. Make sure to allow for any overhang you desire. 3. Secure the new extension piece in place with construction adhesive and clamps.
Let it dry overnight before proceeding to step 4. 4. Install any new hardware (such as faucets or towel bars) that may be needed for the extended vanity top. Once everything is in place, you can enjoy your brand new bathroom space!
Bathroom cabinets can be an expensive investment, but there are ways to save money when redoing them. One way is to buy used cabinets from a salvage yard or a re-sale shop. Another way is to refinish the existing cabinets yourself.
This can be done by sanding down the cabinet doors and painting or staining them with a new color.